Piaggio Typhoon – Engine build

I bought a used engine for this project, the newer Hi-Per 2 Pro version from a Gilera Stalker. The crank bearings where damaged, probably caused by a lack of oil. The hose that goes from the oil pump to the carburettor was squeezed under the cylinder, the only lubrication this engine got was on the outside.

At the time i rebuild the engine, i didn’t know what setup i wanted to run. So i used a stock crankshaft i had in spare, it’s doing a great job so far. I also did the blueprinting after the engine was assembled, but it turned out fine.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.