Tonight i got the Puch VZ engine finished. It took a while before i got the right light coils for the ignition. The new crankshaft also gave me some problems, the tapered end for the flywheel was a few millimeters misplaced. So the cooling fins hit the ignition cover, i had to do some annoying grinding.
Yesterday i got some new parts so i could get this engine assembled. The gasket was a little thick, and the crankshaft a little narrower, so it took alot of shims to align it and get the end play right.
A short video of the noises, it was worse and visible in real life:
This page uses a small amount of cookies to give me some basic stats and functionality on my website, your information is anonymised and hashed, i don't collect any personal information. If you continue to use this site, i will assume that you are happy with it.OK