I haven’t used my Puch Maxi in a long time, the aftermarket wire rims and cheap tires had a bit of vibration and the engine lacked power. I bought some Grimeca cast wheels and nice Schwalbe tires. For the tuning i got a new engine from my friend and club member Esben, don’t want to race the original number match engine.
I rebuild the spare engine with new bearings, seals and a stuffed DMP crankshaft. The topend is a 45 mm Airsal 4 port cylinder with a DMP head, the head isn’t designed correctly, i will need to make some adjusting. I started with a 15 mm Bing replica, but liked the 12 mm original square Bing more. The exhaust is a Jamarcol straight pipe, doesn’t make much noise and has pretty good performance. I need to adjust the clutch with lighter shoes and stiffer springs, there is not much bottom end in this Airsal kit.
More pictures and comments in the gallery below: