Motobecane TM4 – 2018 update

My trusty Motobecane TM4 had some issues that i’ve pushed off for some time now. The original cylinder was a bit weak and the engine needed some new bearings. The moped has sat many years, only had 1200 km on the odometer when i got it. That has led to condensation in the engine, everything above the oil level was a bit rusty, and especially the ignition side mainbearing.

The engine is easy to work with, took me 5 hours including cleaning and making my own gaskets. New bearings and seals.

My german model had a Gilardoni R2051 cylinder mounted, i’ve never been truly happy with it. I got myself a N2052 model with a bit longer port duration. I like the way it rides now, more power over all. Maybe i’ll upgrade the carb at some time, at the moment it’s a Dellorto SHA 14.12 that i’ve drilled to 13,5 mm venturi.

Check the gallery for all the details:

2 Replies to “Motobecane TM4 – 2018 update”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.